• Deputy Minister of Rural Development and Land Reform of the Republic of South Africa from 10 July 2013
• Member of Parliament for the African National Congress (ANC) since 2002
• Member of the African National Congress Women's League (ANCWL) National Executive Committee
• Member of the ANCWL National Working Committee
• ANCWL Eastern Cape Convener ANC activist
• ANCWL NEC Member, 2013
• ANC NEC Legislative & Governance Subcommittee member
• ANC NEC Communication Subcommittee member
• ANCWL NWC Member
• ANC Caucus Disciplinary Panel member, 2013
• ANCWL EC Convener
• ANCWL EC Disciplinary Committee member
• ANC EC Provincial Executive Member
• Whip of Portfolio Committee on Arts and Culture- 2004
• Acting Chairperson of Portfolio Committee on Arts and Culture
• Chairperson of Adhoc Committee on Filling of Vacancies on Commission of Gender Equality.
• Whip of the Committee on the Improvement of Quality of Life and the Status of Women.
• Whip of Portfolio Committee on Social Development
• Member of CPA Steering Committee
• Election Observer Mission in Kenya and Lesotho
• Member of ANC Caucus Strategy
• Member of National Assembly Rules Committee
• Member of Joint Rules Committee
• ANC Caucus Attendance and Disciplinary Whip, 2009 till present
• ANC Whippery Committee
• Joint Committee on HIV& AIDS
• Nursing Diploma
• Computer Skills
• Primary Healthcare Certificate
Training - Additional Courses Attended
• Parliamentary Leadership Development Programme Module 6:
• Certificate in Information and Knowledge Management
• Course on Sustainable Economic Development
• Certificate on Comprehensive Social Security
• Certificate in Evidence Based Social Studies
• Certificated in Training on Election Observation & Observed the Lesotho General Elections of 2012.
• Course on Evidence Based Social Policy: 30 January - 10 February 2012 by Rhodes University.
• Completed Social Policy and Social Policy Analysis through Oxford University and Social Policy in 2010
• Completed Social Security Training Programme through Institute for Social Law and Policy in 2012
• Completed Evidence Based Social Policy course through Oxford University and Social Policy Institute in 2013
• Administrative work within the Parliamentary Constituency Office
• Field work with Environmental Health Practitioners
• Execute oversight with the Constituency e.g. Primary Healthcare Centre, Schools, Community project and entities.
• Visit state funded entities in regard to monitor compliances of Occupational Health and Safety practices.
• Assist with Community health education and awareness