The purpose of REID is to facilitate social cohesion and sustainable rural development through a participatory community based planning approach to enable the rural people to take control of their destiny
• Social Organisation and Mobilisation- Mobilising communities, conduct household and community profiling before the implementation of the Comprehensive Rural development Programme( CRDP)
• Technical Support, Skills development Nurturing-Identification of support organisation and coordination of required support which range workshops , technical, management and other trainings
• Rural Livelihoods, Enterprise Development and Food Security- Identifiation of existing food gardens, facilitation of the development of new food gardens in households, community, schools, clinics and churches
• Institutional Building and Mentoring-Facilitate the formation and nurturing of CRDP Technical Committees and Community Structures and also formation of coorperatives and registration thereof.
• Comprehensive Rural Development Programme
• National Rural Youth Service Corps.